Using Horizon Console, you can create JMP assignments, which you use to create desktop workspaces for users or group of users.
You select the Horizon desktops pools, App Volumes AppStacks, and User Environment Manager settings to define a JMP assignment.
Ensure that the pre-requisites listed in Administering JMP Assignments have been met.
- In Horizon Console, click Assignments (JMP).
- Click New.
- In the Users tab of the New Assignment wizard, enter a couple of characters next to the Active Directory drop list and select the users or group of users to include in the new JMP assignment .
Your selection is added in the Selected Users/Groups section.
- Click Next.
- In the Desktops tab, select the desktop pool you want to include in the JMP assignment, and click Next.
- In the Applications tab, click the check box next to the name of the application that you want to include in the JMP assignment. When done with your selection, click Next.
- In the User Environment tab, decide whether you are going to configure the JMP assignment with any of the available user environment settings.
With Disable UEM Settings? set to No, clicking Skip means that the User Environment Manager assignment file is not going to be saved to the User Environment Manager configuration share. All the User Environment Manager settings are going to be applied to the virtual desktop workspaces created for the users using the JMP assignment you are currently creating.
With Disable UEM Settings? set to No, select the user environment settings that you want applied to the JMP assignment being created. Clicking Next creates the User Environment Manager assignment file with the selected user environment settings. The selected settings are applied to the virtual desktop workspaces created for the users using the JMP assignment you are currently creating.
With Disable UEM settings? set to Yes, the list of available user environment settings are removed from view. When you click Next, an empty assignment file is written to the User Environment Manager configuration share. Disabling User Environment Manager settings ensures that no user environment settings are applied to the virtual desktop workspaces created for the users using the JMP assignment you are currently creating.
- In the Definitions tab, accept the default name for the JMP assignment or replace the name with another, and optionally add a description.
- In the AppStack Attach drop list, select when the AppStack is to be attached to the JMP assignment and click Next.
- In the Summary tab, review the details for the new assignment. If they are acceptable, click Submit. If changes must be made, click Back to make the adjustments.
The new JMP assignment is queued for storage into the JMP database and is added to the list of assignments in the JMP Assignments pane. After the JMP assignment is successfully added to the JMP database, the status changes from the Pending state. It becomes selectable from the JMP assignment list so you can edit, duplicate, or delete it.
You can also verify the assignments or entitlements that were created for the new JMP assignment using the following information.
To verify information about the Horizon desktop pool created for the JMP assignment, use Horizon Console. Select and locate the desktop pool created by JMP Server.
To view the AppStacks information created by JMP Server for the new JMP assignment, use the App Volumes Manager console. Select and locate the AppStacks created by JMP Server.
To verify the user environment settings you configured for the JMP assignment, use the User Environment Manager Management Console and click the User Environment tab. From the left-side pane, select the user environment setting used by the JMP assignment and click the Assignments tab from the resulting dialog box to view the JMP assignment information for that user environment setting.