If you want to associate existing JMP assignments to a different Horizon Connection Server, you must modify the Horizon Connection Server URL that is registered with the JMP Server settings that is associated with those JMP assignments.
There is no user interface in Horizon Console that allows you to modify the Horizon Connection Server information. You must use the SQL Server Management Studio to modify the existing Horizon Connection Server host URL in the JMP settings.
Ensure that you have the proper system administrator privileges to log in to a SQL Server Management Studio session and access to the SQL Server database that you created for JMP Server.
Back up your SQL Server database before proceeding with the database modifications.
- If you are currently logged in to a Horizon Console session, log out.
- Log in to a SQL Server Management Studio session as the sysadmin (SA) or using a user account with SA privileges.
- Verify that the replacement Horizon Connection Server host URL that you plan to use is not already registered to another JMP Server instance.
For example, if the replacement Horizon Connection Server host URL is new-horizon-host.com, use the following SQL statement to verify it is not already registered.
SELECT * from xms_services WHERE xms_services.host = "new-horizon-host.com"
- If the previous SQL statement did not return any results, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, use the following statement to delete the information for the existing Horizon Connection Server host.
DELETE from xms_services WHERE xms_services.host = "new-horizon-host.com"
- Update the existing JMP Server settings using the following statements, where new-horizon-server-host.com is the URL of the replacement Horizon Connection Server host and the old-horizon-host.com is the URL of currently registered Horizon Connection Server host.
UPDATE xms_service_endpoints SET host = 'new-horizon-host.com', is_available = 1 WHERE service_id = (SELECT id FROM xms_services WHERE service_type = 'horizon' AND host = 'old-horizon-host.com') AND host = 'old-horizon-host.com' UPDATE xms_services SET [name] = 'horizon-https://new-horizon-host.com', host = 'new-horizon-host.com' WHERE service_type = 'horizon' AND host = 'old-horizon-host.com'
- Log in to Horizon Console using the new Horizon Connection Server URL and verify that the new Horizon Connection Server host is now associated with your existing JMP assignments that were previously associated with the old Horizon Connection Server host.