Before you can use Horizon Administrator to configure an event database on Microsoft SQL Server, you must configure the correct TCP/IP properties and verify that the server uses SQL Server Authentication.
Create an SQL Server database for event reporting. See Add a Database and Database User for Horizon 7 Events.
Verify that you have the required database privileges to configure the database.
Verify that the database server uses the SQL Server Authentication method of authentication. Do not use Windows Authentication.
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager and expand SQL Server YYYY Network Configuration.
- Select Protocols for server_name.
- In the list of protocols, right-click TCP/IP and select Properties.
- Set the Enabled property to Yes.
- Verify that a port is assigned or, if necessary, assign one.
For information on the static and dynamic ports and how to assign them, see the online help for the SQL Server Configuration manager.
- Verify that this port is not blocked by a firewall.
What to do next
Use Horizon Administrator to connect the database to Connection Server. Follow the instructions in Configure the Event Database.