You can replace the default ports or NICs that are used by a PCoIP Secure Gateway service that runs on a Connection Server instance or security server. Your organization might require you to perform these tasks to comply with organization policies or to avoid contention.
For client-facing TCP and UDP connections, the PCoIP Secure Gateway listens on port 4172 by default. For UDP connections to remote desktops, the PCoIP Secure Gateway listens on port 55000 by default.
The port that is specified in the PCoIP External URL does not change as a result of changes that you make to ports in this procedure. Depending on your network configuration, you might have to change the PCoIP External URL port as well.
If the computer on which the PCoIP Secure Gateway is running has multiple NICs, the computer listens on all NICs by default. You can select one NIC to listen on the configured ports by specifying the IP address that is bound to that NIC.
Verify that the port that is specified in the PCoIP External URL on the Connection Server instance or security server will continue to be valid after you change ports in this procedure.
- Start the Windows Registry Editor on the Connection Server or security server computer where the PCoIP Secure Gateway is running.
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Teradici\SecurityGateway registry key.
- Under this registry key, add one or more of the following String (REG_SZ) values with your updated port numbers.
ExternalTCPPort "44172" ExternalUDPPort "44172" InternalUDPPort "55111"
- (Optional) If the computer on which the PCoIP Secure Gateway is running has multiple NICs, select one NIC to listen on the configured ports.
Under the same registry key, add the following String (REG_SZ) values to specify the IP address that is bound to the designated NIC.
ExternalBindIP "10.20.30.40" InternalBindIP "172.16.17.18"
If you configure external and internal connections to use the same NIC, the external and internal UDP ports must not be the same.
- Restart the VMware Horizon View PCoIP Secure Gateway service to make your changes take effect.