After you purchase a subscription license, you will receive a license subscription email, which includes the link to download the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance. You can install and pair the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance with a Connection Server in a pod.
Horizon 7 version 7.6 or later.
You must have a My VMware account on https://my.vmware.com to purchase a Horizon 7 subscription license.
Download the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance from the subscription license email that you received from my.vmware.com.
Verify the Connection Server that you want to pair the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance with. You can pair the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance with only one Connection Server that is installed in an on-premises pod at a time.
If the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance is not part of the Active Directory domain to which Connection Server is joined, add the FQDN of the Connection Server that you want to pair with Horizon 7 Cloud Connector to the /etc/hosts file on the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance.
If you use the Microsoft Internet Explorer Web browser, verify that the compatibility mode is off to view the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance user interface.
Deploy and join the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance with Static IP to Active Directory. Add the forward and reverse lookup entry of the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector virtual appliance in the DNS of your Active Directory before you begin the deployment.
- Download the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance from the link provided in the subscription email for your account. The Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance is available to download as an OVA file.
- Use vSphere Web Client to deploy the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance as an OVF template. For more information about deploying OVF templates, see the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
When you enter a root password for the OVF template, you must verify that the password contains a minimum of eight characters with one capital, one numeric, and one special character.
- In vSphere Web Client, power on the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance.
The Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance user interface IP address appears.
- In a Web browser, enter the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance IP address to log in to the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector user interface.
Use your My VMware account credentials to log in.
- Pair the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance with the Connection Server instance on-premises. In the Connect to Horizon 7 Connection Server box, enter the FQDN of the Connection Server that is hosted on-premises, and click Connect.
- Click the check box to verify the thumbprint certificate for the Connection Server.
This verification is skipped if the Connection Server has a valid Root CA certificate.
- Enter the domain name, user name, and password for the Connection Server and click Connect.
- Optionally, if the Connection Server is already paired with another Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance, click Accept to delete the existing pairing and pair it with the Horizon 7 Cloud Connector appliance you downloaded.
- To set up the Horizon 7 pod on the Horizon Cloud Service enter a name for the node, select data center location, and enter an optional description.
The Horizon 7 pod is successfully paired with the Horizon Cloud Service.
- Optionally, to reconfigure the Connection Server details in the same pod, click Reconfigure and follow the steps to complete the wizard.
- Optionally, to remove the connection between the Connection Server on-premises and the Horizon Cloud Service, click Unplug.
What to do next
View the subscription license details in Horizon Administrator. For more information, see the Horizon 7 Administration document.