To add machines to an automated desktop pool provisioned by manually specifying machine names, you provide another list of new machine names. This feature lets you expand a desktop pool and continue to use your company's naming conventions.
In Horizon 7.0, this feature is not supported for instant clones.
Follow these guidelines for manually adding machine names:
Type each machine name on a separate line.
A machine name can have up to 15 alphanumeric characters.
You can add a user name to each machine entry. Use a comma to separate the user name from the machine name.
In this example, two machines are added. The second machine is associated with a user:
In a floating-assignment pool, you cannot associate user names with machine names. The machines are not dedicated to the associated users. In a floating-assignment pool, all machines that are not currently in use remain accessible to any user who logs in.
Verify that you created the desktop pool by manually specifying machine names. You cannot add machines by providing new machine names if you created the pool by providing a naming pattern.
- Create a text file that contains the list of additional machine names.
If you intend to add only a few machines, you can type the machine names directly in the Add Desktop Pool wizard. You do not have to create a separate text file.
- In View Administrator, select .
- Select the desktop pool to be expanded.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Provisioning Settings tab.
- Click Add Machines.
- Copy your list of machine names in the Enter Machine Names page and click Next.
The Enter Machine Names wizard displays the machine list and indicates validation errors with a red X.
- Correct invalid machine names.
- Place your cursor over an invalid name to display the related error message at the bottom of the page.
- Click Back.
- Edit the incorrect names and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK.
In vCenter Server, you can monitor the creation of the new virtual machines.
In View Administrator, you can view the machines as they are added to the desktop pool by selecting.