Windows Internet Explorer uses the Microsoft Feeds Synchronization task to update RSS feeds in users' Web browsers. Disabling this task avoids some I/O operations to the file system and can reduce the growth of an instant clone's or a View Composer linked clone's virtual disk.
- In vSphere Client, select the parent virtual machine and select Open Console.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click .
- Click the Content tab.
- Under Feeds and Web Slices, click Settings.
- Deselect Automatically check feeds and Web Slices for updates and click OK.
- In the Internet Properties dialog, click OK.