Horizon Administrator cannot uninstall a ThinApp application.
The ThinApp application installation status shows Uninstall Error.
Common causes for this error include the following:
- The ThinApp application was busy when Horizon Administrator tried to uninstall it.
- Network connectivity was lost between the Connection Server host and the machine.
You can see the Horizon Agent and Connection Server log files for more information about the cause of the problem.
Horizon Agent log files are located on the machine in drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs for Windows XP systems and drive:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs for Windows 7 systems.
Connection Server log files are located on the Connection Server host in the drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs directory.
- In Horizon Administrator, select .
- Click the name of the ThinApp application.
- Click the Machines tab, select the machine, and click Retry Uninstall to retry the uninstall operation.
- If the uninstall operation still fails, manually remove the ThinApp application from the machine and then click Remove App Status For Desktop.
This command clears the ThinApp application assignment in Horizon Administrator. It does not remove any files or settings in the machine.Important: Use this command only after manually removing the ThinApp application from the machine.