A security server might not be working if it failed to pair successfully with a Connection Server instance.
The following security server issues might occur if a security server failed to pair with Connection Server:
- When you try to install the security server a second time, the security server cannot connect to Connection Server.
- Horizon Client cannot connect to Horizon 7. The following error message appears: The View Connection Server authentication failed. No gateway is available to provide a secure connection to a desktop. Contact your network administrator.
- The security server is displayed in the Horizon Administrator dashboard as Down.
This problem can occur if you started to install a security server and the attempt was cancelled or otherwise aborted after you entered a security server pairing password.
If you intend to keep the security server in your Horizon 7 environment, take these steps:
- In Horizon Administrator, select .
- On the Security Servers tab, select a security server, select Prepare for Upgrade or Reinstallation from the More Commands drop-down menu, and click OK.
- On the Connection Servers tab, select the Connection Server instance that you want to pair with the security server, select Specify Security Server Pairing Password from the More Commands drop-down menu, type a password, and click OK.
- Install the security server again.
If you intend to remove the security server entry from your Horizon 7 environment, run the vdmadmin -S command.
For example: vdmadmin -S -r -s security_server_name