To begin using the JMP Integrated Workflow features, you must install and set up JMP Server, and configure the JMP settings.
Review the prerequisites and the system requirements for all the technology components that you plan to install.
- If necessary, set up the required administrator users and groups in Active Directory.
See "Preparing Active Directory" in the Horizon 7 Installation document. The Active Directory information is required when configuring the JMP settings.
- Set up the Microsoft SQL Server and ensure that the login credentials you plan to use during the JMP Server installation process have been created. See "Database Requirements for JMP Server" in the VMware Horizon JMP Server Installation and Setup Guide document for more information.
- Install and set up VMware Horizon 7 version 7.5 or later.
See the Horizon 7 Installation document.
- (Optional) Install and set up VMware App Volumes 2.14 or later, which provides features for real-time application delivery.
See the VMware App Volumes Installation Guide document for details.
- (Optional) To provide contextual policy management, install and set up VMware User Environment Manager 9.2.1 or later.
See the Installing and Configuring VMware User Environment Manager document.
- Obtain the CA-signed SSL certificates that must be used for JMP Server to communicate securely with other servers within your organization's network.
- Install JMP Server and configure the SSL certificates for the JMP Server to communicate with the other servers that are required for the JMP Integrated Workflow features.
See VMware Horizon JMP Server Installation and Setup Guide for more information.
- Configure the JMP settings for the first time. See Configure JMP Settings for the First Time for details.
What to do next
After successfully finishing the preceding tasks, you can now create a JMP assignment. See Creating a JMP Assignment for information.