You create an application pool as part of the process to give users access to an application that runs on RDS hosts or a desktop pool.
- Set up RDS hosts. See "Setting Up Remote Desktop Services Hosts" in the Setting Up Published Desktops and Applications in Horizon 7 document.
- Create a farm that contains the RDS hosts. See Creating Farms in Horizon Console.
- Create a manual or automated desktop pool. See Creating Virtual Desktop Pools in Horizon Console.
- If you plan to add the application pool manually, gather information about the application. See Worksheet for Creating an Application Pool Manually in Horizon Console
- In Horizon Console, select .
- Click Add.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to create the pool.
If you choose to add an application pool manually, use the configuration information you gathered in the worksheet. If you select applications from the list that Horizon Console displays, you can select multiple applications. A separate pool is created for each application.
What to do next
Entitle users to access the pool.
Make sure that your end users have access to Horizon Client 3.0 or later software, which is required to support published applications.