You must configure an Active Directory domain in which Horizon Composer deploys linked-clone desktops. You can configure multiple domains for Horizon Composer. After you first add vCenter Server and Horizon Composer settings to Horizon 7, you can add more Horizon Composer domains by editing the vCenter Server instance in Horizon Console.
- Your Active Directory administrator must create a Horizon Composer user for AD operations. This domain user must have permission to add and remove virtual machines from the Active Directory domain that contains your linked clones. For information about the required permissions for this user, see Create a User Account for Horizon Composer AD Operations.
- In Horizon Console, verify that you completed the vCenter Server Settings and Horizon Composer Settings pages in the Add vCenter Server wizard.
- In Horizon Console, navigate to .
- On the vCenter Server tab, click Add and complete the vCenter Server information on the vCenter Server Settings page, then click Next.
- On the Horizon Composer Settings page, if you are using Horizon Composer, select the location of the Horizon Composer host and click Next.
For more information on Horizon Composer, see Configure Horizon Composer Settings.
- On the Horizon Composer Domains page, click Add to add the Horizon Composer user for AD operations account information.
- Type the domain name of the Active Directory domain.
For example: domain.com
- Type the domain user name, including the domain name, of the Horizon Composer user.
For example: domain.com\admin
- Type the account password.
- Click OK.
- To add domain user accounts with privileges in other Active Directory domains in which you deploy linked-clone pools, repeat the preceding steps.
- Click Next to display the Storage Settings page.
What to do next
Enable virtual machine disk space reclamation and configure Horizon Storage Accelerator for Horizon 7.