You create an application pool as part of the process to give users access to an application that runs on RDS hosts or a desktop pool.
- Set up RDS hosts. See Setting Up Remote Desktop Services Hosts.
- Create a farm that contains the RDS hosts. See Creating Farms.
- Create a manual or automated desktop pool. See the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon 7 document.
- If you plan to add the application pool manually, gather information about the application. See Worksheet for Creating an Application Pool Manually.
- In Horizon Administrator, click .
- Click Add.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to create the pool.
If you choose to add an application pool manually, use the configuration information you gathered in the worksheet. If you select applications from the list that Horizon Administrator displays, you can select multiple applications. A separate pool is created for each application.
In Horizon Administrator, you can now view the application pool by clicking.
What to do next
Entitle users to access the pool. See Entitling Users and Groups.
Make sure that your end users have access to Horizon Client 3.0 or later software, which is required to support RDS applications.
For more information, see "Configure an Anti-Affinity Rule for an Application Pool" in the Horizon 7 Administration document.