To use Internet Explorer on a Windows 7 virtual desktop or published desktop with the Geolocation Redirection feature, you must enable the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection IE Plugin on the virtual desktop or RDS host.
Internet Explorer is supported on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 virtual desktops with the VMware Geolocation Redirection driver. You do not need to enable the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection IE plugin for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 virtual desktops.
- Install and Configure Geolocation Redirection.
- Verify that Enhanced Protection Mode is turned off in Internet Explorer 11. The plugin does not work with this feature.
- For Windows Server operating systems, verify that Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is turned off. The plugin does not work with this feature.
- On the virtual desktop or RDS host where the Geolocation Redirection feature is enabled, open Internet Explorer 11.
- Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window and select Manage add-ons.
- Scroll down to the VMware, Inc. section, select VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection IE Plugin, and click Enable.
- Restart Internet Explorer 11.