To use the Chrome browser with the URL Content Redirection feature on a Mac client, you must enable the VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper extension for Chrome.
- Install the Chrome browser on the Mac client. For the supported versions, see Requirements for URL Content Redirection.
- Install Horizon Client 4.7 or later on the Mac. For information, see the VMware Horizon Client for Mac Installation and Setup Guide document.
- Start Horizon Client on the Mac and connect to a Connection Server instance on which URL Content Redirection rules have been configured.
The VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper extension is installed automatically in the Chrome browser on the Mac client.
- Restart the Chrome browser on the Mac.
- When you are prompted to enable the VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper extension, click Enable Extension.
You must enable the extension to use URL Content Redirection from the Chrome browser.Note: If you remove the extension, can still manually install it from the Chrome Web Store.
- To verify that the Chrome extension is installed, type chrome://extensions in the Chrome browser.
VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper appears in the Extensions list and the Enabled check box is selected.
What to do next
The first time a URL is redirected from the Chrome browser on the Mac client, the user is prompted to open the URL in Horizon Client. The user must click Open VMware Horizon Client, or URL redirection does not occur. If the user selects the Remember my choice for VMware Horizon Client links check box (recommended), this prompt does not appear again.