With client-to-agent redirection, Horizon Client opens a remote desktop or published application to handle a URL link that a user clicks on the client. If a remote desktop is opened, the default application for the protocol in the URL processes the URL. If a published application is opened, the published application processes the URL.
To use client-to-agent redirection, perform the following configuration tasks.
- Enable the URL Content Redirection feature in Horizon Agent. See Installing Horizon Agent with the URL Content Redirection Feature.
- (Windows clients only) Enable the URL Content Redirection feature in Horizon Client for Windows. See Installing Horizon Client for Windows with the URL Content Redirection Feature.
- (Optional) To use URL Content Redirection in the Chrome browser, install and enable the VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper extension. For Windows clients, see Install and Enable the URL Content Redirection Helper Extension for Chrome on Windows. For Mac clients, see Enable the URL Content Redirection Helper for Chrome on a Mac.
- Use the vdmutil command-line utility to create a URL content redirection setting that indicates, for each protocol, how Horizon Client should redirect the URLs. See Create a Local URL Content Redirection Setting or Create a Global URL Content Redirection Setting.
- Use the vdmutil command-line utility to assign the URL content redirection setting to Active Directory users or groups. See Assign a URL Content Redirection Setting to a User or Group.
- Verify the URL content redirection setting. See Test a URL Content Redirection Setting.