You can use agent group policy settings to configure drive letter behavior for drives that are redirected with the client drive redirection feature.
- Verify that you can log in as an Administrator domain user on the machine that hosts your Active Directory server.
- Verify that the MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
- Add the VMware Horizon Client Drive Redirection ADMX template file (vdm_agent_cdr.admx) to a GPO that is linked to the OU for your virtual desktops or to the RDS host for your published desktops. For installation instructions, see Add the ADMX Template Files to Active Directory.
- On your Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Editor and navigate to .
- To configure whether to display a drive letter for redirected drives, configure the Display redirected device with drive letter group policy setting.
This setting is enabled by default.
- To specify how long to wait, in milliseconds, for Windows Explorer to initialize and display a drive letter for redirected drives, configure the Timeout for drive letter configuration group policy setting.
When this setting is disabled or not configured, the default value is 5000 milliseconds.