To troubleshoot Skype for Business, collect logs from Horizon Agent and Horizon Client for Windows.
- To collect Horizon logs, including the Media Proxy logs, from Horizon Agent, log in to a virtual machine where Horizon Agent is installed.
- Open a command prompt and run
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Agent\DCT\support.bat.
- To collect Horizon logs, including the Media Provider logs, from Horizon Client, log in to a physical or virtual machine where Horizon Client is installed.
- Open a command prompt and run support.bat.
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\DCT\support.bat
C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\DCT\support.bat
A folder named vdm-sdct containing zipped log files appears on the desktop and includes these directories, which contain logs for the VMware Horizon Virtualization Pack for Skype for Business:
- Client device: %TEMP%\vmware-<username>\VMWMediaProvider
- Virtual desktop:
The default log level is 7, where the log level size and crash dumps are small. You can increase the log level to 8 for maximum logs and full crash dumps. All settings are DWORD:
- Client: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/VMware, Inc./VMWMediaProvider/DebugLogging/LoggingPriority = 8
- Agent: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/VMware, Inc./VMWMediaProviderProxy/DebugLogging/LoggingPriority = 8
- Agent: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/VMware, Inc./VMWMediaProviderProxyLocal/DebugLogging/LoggingPriority = 8