When you provision an automated desktop pool by using a naming pattern, you can increase or decrease the size of the pool by changing the maximum number of machines.
- Verify that you provisioned the desktop pool by using a naming pattern. If you specify machine names manually, see Add Machines to an Automated Pool Provisioned by a List of Names.
- Verify that the desktop pool is automated.
- In View Administrator, select .
- Select the desktop pool and click Edit.
- On the Provisioning Settings tab, type the new number of machines in the desktop pool in the Max number of machines text box.
If you increase the desktop pool size, new machines can be added to the pool up to the maximum number.
If you decrease the size of a floating-assignment pool, unused machines are deleted. If more users are logged into the pool than the new maximum, the pool size decreases after users log off.
If you decrease the size of a dedicated-assignment pool, unassigned machines are deleted. If more users are assigned to machines than the new maximum, the pool size decreases after you unassign users.