You must perform certain tasks to prepare an unmanaged machine for remote desktop deployment.
- Verify that you have administrative rights on the unmanaged machine.
- To make sure that remote desktop users are added to the local Remote Desktop Users group of the unmanaged machine, create a restricted Remote Desktop Users group in Active Directory. See the Horizon 7 Installation document for more information.
- Power on the unmanaged machine and verify that it is accessible to the Connection Server instance.
- Join the unmanaged machine to the Active Directory domain for your remote desktops.
- Configure the Windows firewall to allow Remote Desktop connections to the unmanaged machine.
What to do next
Install Horizon Agent on the unmanaged machine. See Install Horizon Agent on an Unmanaged Machine.