The Suspend power policy causes virtual machines to be suspended when a user logs off, but not when a user disconnects. You can also configure machines in a dedicated pool to be suspended when a user disconnects from a desktop without logging off. Using suspend when users disconnect helps to conserve resources.
To enable suspend on disconnect for dedicated machines, you must set an attribute in View LDAP.
- Start the ADSI Edit utility on your Connection Server host.
- In the console tree, select Connect to.
- In the Select or type a domain or server field, type the server name as localhost:389
- Under Connection point, click Select or type a distinguished name or naming context, type the distinguished name as DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int, and click OK.
The ADAM ADSI Edit main window appears.
- Expand the ADAM ADSI tree and expand OU=Properties.
- Select OU=Global and select CN=Common in the right pane
- Select pae-NameValuePair attribute, add the new entry suspendOnDisconnect=1. , and under the
- Restart the VMware Horizon View Connection Server service or Connection Server.