To use Horizon Persona Management with non-Horizon physical computers or virtual machines, install the standalone version of Horizon Persona Management. You can run an interactive installation or a silent installation at the command line.
Install the standalone Horizon Persona Management software on each individual computer or virtual machine in your targeted deployment.
- Verify that you are performing the installation on a Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012 R2 physical computer or virtual machine. Horizon Persona Management does not operate on Windows Servers or Microsoft RDS hosts. Verify that the system satisfies the requirements described in "Supported Operating Systems for Standalone Horizon Persona Management" in the Horizon 7 Installation document.
- Verify that you can log in as an administrator on the system.
- Verify that View Agent 5.x or later is not installed on the computer.
- Verify that a native RTO Virtual Profiles 2.0 is not installed on the virtual machine.
- If you intend to perform a silent installation, familiarize yourself with the MSI installer command-line options. See Microsoft Windows Installer Command-Line Options.
- Download the standalone Horizon Persona Management installer file from the VMware product page at http://www.vmware.com/products/.
The installer filename is VMware-personamanagement-y.y.y-xxxxxx.exe or VMware-personamanagement-x86_64-y.y.y-xxxxxx.exe, where y.y.y is the version number and xxxxxx is the build number.
- Run the installation program interactively or perform a silent installation.
Option Description Interactive installation
- To start the installation program, double-click the installer file.
- Accept the VMware license terms.
- Click Install.
By default, Horizon Persona Management is installed in the C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View Persona Management directory.
- Click Finish.
Open a Windows command prompt on the machine and type the installation command on one line.
For example: VMware-personamanagement-y.y.y-xxxxxx.exe /s /v"/qn /l*v ""c:\persona.log"" ALLUSERS=1"Important: You must include the ALLUSERS=1 property in the command line.
- Restart your system to allow the installation changes to take effect.
What to do next
Add the Horizon Persona Management ADMX template file to your Active Directory or local group policy configuration.