You can create shortcuts for an entitled desktop pool in Horizon Administrator so that the desktop pool appears in the Windows Start menu, on the Windows desktop, or both, on the user's Windows client device. You can specify up to four category folder levels for shortcuts. You can create shortcuts when you create a desktop pool. You can also create and modify shortcuts when you edit the desktop pool.
Decide how to configure the pool settings based on the type of desktop pool that you want to create.
- In Horizon Administrator, click Add. and click
- In the Add Desktop Pool wizard, select the type of desktop pool you want to create, and click Next.
- Follow the wizard prompts to the Desktop Pool Settings page.
- Create shortcuts for the desktop pool.
- Click the Category Folder Browse button.
- Select the Select a category folder from the folder list check box.
- Select a category folder from the list, or type a folder name in the New Folder text box, and click Add.
A folder name can be up to 64 characters long. To specify a subfolder, enter a backslash (\) character, for example, dir1\dir2\dir3\dir4. You can enter up to four folder levels. You cannot begin or end a folder name with a backslash, and you cannot combine two or more backslashes. For example, \dir1, dir1\dir2\, dir1\\dir2, and dir1\\\dir2 are invalid. You cannot enter Windows reserved keywords.
- Select the shortcut creation method.
You can select one or both methods.
Option Description Start Menu/Launcher Creates a Windows Start menu shortcut on the Windows client device. Desktop Creates a shortcut on the desktop on the Windows client device.
- To save your changes, click OK.
- Follow the wizard prompts to the Ready to Complete page and select Entitle users after this wizard finishes and click Finish.
- In the Add Entitlements wizard, click Add, select one or more search criteria, and click Find to find users or groups based on your search criteria, select the users or groups you want to entitle to the desktops in the pool and click OK.
A check mark appears in the App Shortcut column for the desktop pool on the Desktop Pools page.