Before you configure a Linux virtual machine to use vDGA, you must make the NVIDIA GRID GPU PCI devices available for DirectPath I/O passthrough on the ESXi host.
- Verify that vSphere 6.0 or a later release is installed in your environment.
- Verify that the NVIDIA GRID K1 or K2 graphics cards are installed on the ESXi host.
- In the vSphere Web Client, browse to the ESXi host.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- In the Hardware section, click PCI Devices.
- To enable DirectPath I/O passthrough for the NVIDIA GRID GPUs, click Edit.
Icon Description Green icon The PCI device is active and can be enabled. Orange icon The state of the device has changed. You must reboot the host before you can use the device.
- Select the NVIDIA GRID GPUs and click OK.
The PCI devices are added to the table, DirectPath I/O PCI Devices Available to VMs.
- Reboot the host to make the PCI devices available for use by the Linux virtual machines.