You can upgrade Horizon Agent on a Linux machine by installing the latest version of Horizon Agent.
- Verify that the VMwareBlastServer process is not running.
To stop this process, ensure that the user logs off the machine and no desktop session is active, or reboot the machine.
- Download the latest installer file for Horizon Agent for Linux from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select to download VMware Horizon 7, which includes the installer for Horizon Agent for Linux.
The installer filename is VMware-viewagent-linux-x86_64-y.y.y-xxxxxxx.tar.gz for 64-bit Linux where y.y.y is the version number and xxxxxxx is the build number.
- Unpack the tarball for your Linux distribution on the guest operating system.
tar -xzvf <Horizon Agent tar ball>
- Navigate to the tar ball folder.
- To upgrade unmanaged virtual machines, run the install_viewagent.sh script using one of the following deployment scenarios.
Option Description Upgrade an unmanaged virtual machine deployment and retain the unmanaged virtual machine deployment
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes -M noNote: To ensure the best possible performance, do not use an unmanaged virtual machine.
Upgrade an unmanaged virtual machine deployment and change it to managed virtual machine deployment
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes -M yesNote: In Horizon Administrator, delete the existing desktop pool for unmanaged virtual machine deployment and create a desktop pool for a managed virtual machine deployment. For more info, see Create a Manual Desktop Pool for Linux.
Upgrade a managed virtual machine deployment
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes -M yesNote: After upgrading, your existing desktop pool can be reused.