The administrator runs the Add Delegated Administrator Configuration workflow to set the scope of delegated administration. For example, a certain delegated administrator might be limited to performing operations on some pools, and a different delegated administrator might be limited to different pools.
Running the Add Delegated Administrator Configuration workflow is required for configuring the vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in for Horizon because, at a minimum, the primary administrator must be assigned to the pools. Using this workflow, the administrator has tight control over which pools can have distributed administration and which workflows can be used.
- Verify that you have administrator credentials for the vRealize Orchestrator server. The account must be a member of the vRealize Orchestrator Admin group configured to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Verify that you have provided access rights for the delegated administrators group to view and run workflows for the vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in for Horizon. See Provide Access Rights to the vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in for Horizon Workflows.
- Verify that a connection has been made to the View pod by running the Add View Pod in Configuration workflow. See Configure the Connection to a Horizon Pod.
- Log in to vRealize Orchestrator as an administrator.
- Click the Workflows view in vRealize Orchestrator.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, select Add Delegated Administrator Configuration workflow. and navigate to the
- Right-click the workflow and select Start workflow.
- Complete the form that appears.
For Horizon pods, use the following information to complete the form.
Option Action Horizon View Pod Select an item from the drop-down menu. Items get added to this list through the Add View Pod in Configuration workflow. Select Desktop Pool IDs Click Not Set and add one or more pools from the New value drop-down menu. Select Application Pool IDs Click Not Set and add one or more pools from the New value drop-down menu. Add Delegated Administrator user or group? Select an item from the drop-down menu. You can add users one by one or add a group from Active Directory.Note: To add a group, you must be using vRealize Orchestrator 6.0.4 or a later release. Delegated Administrator User/Group Name Click Not Set and, in the Filter text box, enter the name of the user or group you included in the delegated administrators group. Select Global Entitlement (Displayed only if global entitlements have been created and initiated for a pod federation, as part of a cloud pod architecture.) Click Not Set and add an item from the New value drop-down menu.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
The delegated administrator user or group that you selected is now allowed to manage the desktop and application pools you specified in the form.