When Horizon Client log collection is enabled on the client device, you can manually retrieve and send log files at any time.
This procedure explains how retrieve and send log files through Horizon Client. You can also retrieve log files by using tools that can access app storage space. Horizon Client saves log files in the Android/data/com.vmware.view.client.android/files directory.
- Verify that an email client is available on the client device. Horizon Client requires an email client to send log files.
- Enable Horizon Client log collection. See Enable Horizon Client Log Collection.
- Open Settings and tap Log collection.
- If you are connected to a remote desktop or published application in full-screen mode, tap the Horizon Client Tools radial menu icon and tap the gear icon.
- If you are not using full-screen mode, tap Settings in the menu in the upper right corner of the Horizon Client toolbar.
- If you are not connected to a remote desktop or published application, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Horizon Client window.
- Tap Send the log.
Horizon Client uses the email client on the client device to create a message. The body of the message contains information about the client device. If the email client can send multiple attachments, Horizon Client attaches the last five log files of each type to the message. If the email client cannot send multiple attachments, Horizon Client compresses the last five log files of each type and attaches a ZIP file to the message.