A Horizon administrator can create Unauthenticated Access users and entitle those users to published applications on a particular server. Unauthenticated Access users can log in to the server anonymously to connect to their published applications.
Obtain the following information from your system administrator:
- Instructions for whether to turn on a VPN (virtual private network) connection.
- Server name to use for connecting to the server.
- Port number to use for connecting to the server if the port is not 443.
- An Unauthenticated Access user account to use for logging in anonymously.
If your system administrator instructs you to configure the certificate checking mode, see Set the Certificate Checking Mode.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Open the Horizon app.
- Tap the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the Horizon Client window, tap Unauthenticated access, and tap to toggle the Unauthenticated access option to on.
- Connect to the server on which you have unauthenticated access to published applications.
Option Description Connect to a new server
Enter the name of a server as instructed by your system administrator, enter a description (optional), and tap Connect. If a server has already been added, tap the plus sign (+) icon in the upper-right corner of the window instead.
Connect to an existing server Tap the server shortcut on the Servers tab.Connections between Horizon Client and servers always use TLS. The default port for TLS connections is 443. If the server is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
- When the login window appears, select a user account from the User account drop-down menu, if required.
If only one user account is available, that account is automatically selected.
- (Optional) Select Always use this account to bypass the login window the next time you connect to the server.
To deselect this setting before you connect to the server the next time, touch and hold the server shortcut until the context menu appears, tap Edit, tap Forget the saved Unauthenticated Access account (name), and tap Done.
- Tap Login to log in to the server.
The application selection window appears.
- Tap a published application icon to start the published application.