The source of the geolocation information is the operating system of the local device using Horizon Client. This information can be redirected by the client to remote desktops or published applications. The configuration settings of the host system and the agent can restrict the feature's availability.
With Geolocation Redirection, geolocation information is sent from the client system to the remote desktop or published application.
Virtual desktop or RDS host
- The Windows Location service setting must be On in .
- The Geolocation Redirection feature supports the following remote desktop applications.
Application Platform Google Chrome (latest version) All virtual desktops or RDS hosts Internet Explorer 11 All virtual desktops or RDS hosts Microsoft Edge (Chromium) All virtual desktops or RDS hosts Microsoft Edge, Maps, Weather, and other Win32 and UWP apps Windows 10
The Location permission setting, if any, must be activated individually in each supported browser.
- Horizon Agent 7.13 or later must be installed with the Geolocation Redirection custom setup option selected. This option is not selected by default. See the topics about installing Horizon Agent in the Windows Desktops and Applications in Horizon 8 document.
- The VMware Geolocation Redirection group policy settings must be configured on the Active Directory server. See the topics about configuring Geolocation Redirection in the Horizon Remote Desktop Features and GPOs document.
- For Internet Explorer 11, the VMware Horizon Geolocation IE Plugin must be activated for RDS hosts. You do not need to activate the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection IE plugin for Windows 10 virtual desktops. Internet Explorer is supported on Windows 10 virtual desktops with the VMware Geolocation Redirection driver. See the topics about configuring Geolocation Redirection in the Horizon Remote Desktop Features and GPOs document.
- For Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Chromium), the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection Chrome extension must be installed. See the topics about configuring Geolocation Redirection in the Horizon Remote Desktop Features and GPOs document.
- To share the client system's location information, you must configure the Geolocation Redirection settings in Horizon Client.
- For Android systems, the Location setting must be On in Settings > Location to make your location information accessible.
Display protocol for the remote session
Horizon Client for Android - PCoIP or VMware Blast