To use fingerprint authentication in Horizon Client, the Android device on which you install Horizon Client must meet certain requirements.
- Android device models
- Any Android device model that has a fingerprint sensor and native fingerprint reader functionality.
- Operating system requirements
- Android 6 (Marshmallow)
- The Fingerprint Authentication option must be enabled and at least one fingerprint must be enrolled.
- Connection Server requirements
- Horizon 6 version 6.2 or a later release.
- Enable biometric authentication in Connection Server. For information, see "Configure Biometric Authentication" in the View Administration document.
- The Connection Server instance must present a valid root-signed certificate to Horizon Client.
- Horizon Client requirements
- Horizon Client 4.0 or later.
- Set the certificate checking mode to Never connect to untrusted servers or Warn before connecting to untrusted servers. For information about setting the certificate checking mode, see Certificate Checking Modes for Horizon Client.
- Enable fingerprint authentication by tapping Enable Fingerprint on the server login screen. After you successfully log in, your Active Directory credentials are stored securely in your Android device. The Enable Fingerprint option is shown the first time you log in and does not appear after fingerprint authentication is enabled.
You can use fingerprint authentication with smart card authentication and as part of two-factor authentication with RSA SecurID and RADIUS authentication. If you use fingerprint authentication with smart card authentication, Horizon Client connects to the server after you enter your PIN and the fingerprint authentication screen does not appear.