You can install Horizon Client on Android devices.
- Android operating systems
- Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Android 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Android 5 (Lollipop)
- Android 6 (Marshmallow)
- CPU architecture
- External keyboards
- (Optional) Bluetooth and docked keyboard devices. For information about the external devices that your specific device supports, see the documentation from the device manufacturer.
- Smart cards
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Connection Server, Security Server, and View Agent or Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of
View 5.3.x and later releases.
VMware recommends that you use a security server so that your device will not require a VPN connection.
To use the Unity Touch feature with View 5.3.x desktops, the Remote Experience Agent must be installed on the desktops.
Remote applications are available on Horizon 6.0 with View and later servers.
- Display protocol for View
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)