Horizon Client for Android is an Android app, and you install it just as you do other Android apps.
- If you have not already set up the device, do so. See the manufacturer's user's guide for your device.
- Verify that you have the URL for a download page that contains the Horizon Client installer. This URL might be the VMware Downloads page at http://www.vmware.com/go/viewclients.
- Become familiar with your device's procedure for installing apps.
Devices from different manufacturers use different methods for installing Android apps. See the manufacturer's user's guide for your device. Depending on the device, you might have to perform the following tasks before you can install an app:
- Install a particular driver.
- Install a file browser.
- Browse to the URL for downloading the Horizon Client app, or search for the Horizon Client app in the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore for Android.
For some devices, you download the file to the device. For others, you download the file to a PC or a USB device.
- If necessary, copy the app (.apk file) to your device.
- Install the app according to your device's customary procedure for installing apps.
For example, on some devices, you must tap the file to install it.
What to do next
To determine that installation succeeded, verify that the Horizon app icon appears on one of the desktops of your Home screen.
The first time you launch Horizon Client on Android 6 (Marshmallow), the app prompts you to allow Horizon Client to make and manage phone calls, access photos, media, and files, and record audio on your device.
If you installed Horizon Client on a thin client, see Configure Horizon Client in Thin Client Mode.