You can install Horizon Client on Android devices.
The Android device on which you install Horizon Client, and the peripherals it uses, must meet the following system requirements.
- Android operating systems
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Android 7.0 and 7.1 Nougat
- CPU architecture
- External keyboards
- (Optional) Bluetooth and docked keyboard devices. For information about the external devices that your specific device supports, see the documentation from the device manufacturer.
- Smart cards
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Connection Server, Security Server, and View Agent or Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of
View 6.x and later releases.
VMware recommends that you use a security server or Unified Access Gateway appliance so that your device does not require a VPN connection.
- Display protocols
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)