A Horizon administrator can create Unauthenticated Access users and entitle those users to published applications on a particular server. Unauthenticated Access users can log in to the server anonymously to connect to their published applications.
Before you have end users access a published application with the Unauthenticated Access feature, test that you can connect to the published application from a client device. You might need to specify a server and supply credentials for the user account.
Perform the administrative tasks described in Preparing Connection Server for Horizon Client.
Set up Unauthenticated Access users on the Connection Server instance. For information, see "Providing Unauthenticated Access for Published Applications" in the Horizon 7 Administration document.
Configure the certificate checking mode for the certificate presented by the server. See Setting the Certificate Checking Mode in Horizon Client.
If you are accessing published applications outside of the corporate network, verify that the client device is set up to use a VPN connection and turn on that connection.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Open the Horizon app.
- Tap the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the Horizon Client window, tap Unauthenticated access, and select the Unauthenticated access check box.
- Connect to the server on which you have unauthenticated access to published applications.
Connect to a new server
Enter the name of a server, enter a description (optional), and tap Connect. If a server has already been added, tap the plus sign (+) icon in the upper-right corner of the window instead.
Connect to an existing server
Tap the server shortcut on the Servers tab.
Connections between Horizon Client and servers always use TLS. The default port for TLS connections is 443. If the server is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
- When the login window appears, select a user account from the User account drop-down menu, if required.
If only one user account is available, that account is automatically selected.
- (Optional) Select the Always use this account check box to bypass the login window the next time you connect to the server.
To deselect this setting before you connect to the server the next time, touch and hold the server shortcut until the context menu appears, tap Edit, tap Forget the saved Unauthenticated Access account (name), and tap Done.
- Tap Connect to log in to the server.
The application selection window appears.
- Tap a published application icon to start the published application.
After you connect to a published application for the first time, Horizon Client saves a shortcut for the published application on the Recent tab. The next time you connect to the published application, you can tap the shortcut instead of tapping the server icon.