A Horizon administrator can use the Unauthenticated Access feature to create Unauthenticated Access users and entitle those users to remote applications on a Connection Server instance. Unauthenticated Access users can log in to the server anonymously to connect to their remote applications.
Before you begin
Perform the administrative tasks described in Preparing Connection Server for Horizon Client.
Set up Unauthenticated Access users on the Connection Server instance. For information, see "Providing Unauthenticated Access for Published Applications" in the View Administration document.
Configure the certificate checking mode for the SSL certificate presented by Connection Server. See Setting the Certificate Checking Mode for Horizon Client.
If you are accessing remote applications outside of the corporate network, verify that your client device is set up to use a VPN connection and turn on that connection.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- On your Chrome OS device, tap the Chrome App Launcher icon in the taskbar and tap the Horizon Client for Chrome OS app.
The Horizon Client window opens.
- Tap the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the Horizon Client window, tap Unauthenticated access, and select the Unauthenticated access check box.
- Connect to the server on which you have unauthenticated access to remote applications.
Connect to a new server
Enter the name of a server, enter a description (optional), and tap Connect.
Connect to an existing server
Tap the server shortcut on the Servers tab.
Connections between Horizon Client and servers always use SSL. The default port for SSL connections is 443. If the server is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
- When the login window appears, select a user account from the User account drop-down menu, if required.
If only one user account is available, the user account is automatically selected.
- (Optional) : Select the Always use this account check box to bypass the login window the next time you connect to the server.
To deselect this setting before you connect to the server the next time, touch and hold the server shortcut until the context menu appears, tap Edit, tap Forget the saved Unauthenticated Access account (name), and tap Done.
- Tap Connect to log in to the server.
The application selection window appears.
- Tap an application icon to start the application.
After you connect to a remote application for the first time, a shortcut for the application is saved to the Recent tab. The next time you want to connect to the application, you can tap the shortcut instead of tapping the server icon.