To connect to a remote desktop or application, you must provide the name of a server and supply credentials for your user account.
Obtain the following information from your system administrator:
Instructions about whether to turn on a VPN (virtual private network) connection.
Server name to use for connecting to the server.
If the port is not 443, the port number to use for connecting to the server.
Credentials to log in, such as an Active Directory user name and password, RSA SecurID user name and passcode, RADIUS authentication user name and passcode, or smart card personal identification number (PIN).
Domain name for logging in.
If your system administrator instructs you to configure the certificate checking mode, see Setting the Certificate Checking Mode in Horizon Client.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- On the Chrome OS device, tap the Chrome App Launcher icon in the taskbar and tap the Horizon Client for Chrome OS app.
The Horizon Client window opens.
- Connect to a server.
Connect to a new server
Enter the name of a server, enter a description (optional), and tap Connect.
Connect to a existing server
Tap the server shortcut on the Servers tab.
Connections between Horizon Client and servers always use SSL. The default port for SSL connections is 443. If the sever is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
- If you are prompted for RSA SecurID credentials or RADIUS authentication credentials, either type your credentials or, if you plan to use an embedded RSA SecurID token, install an embedded token.
If you use a hardware authentication token or software authentication token on a smart phone, enter your user name and passcode. The passcode might include both a PIN and the generated number on the token.
Install software token
Tap External Token. In the Install Software Token dialog box, paste the CT-KIP URL or CTFString URL that your administrator sent to you in email. If the URL contains an activation code, you do not need to enter anything in the Password or Activation Code text box.
- If you are prompted a second time for RSA SecurID credentials or RADIUS authentication credentials, enter the next generated number on the token.
Do not enter your PIN and do not enter the same generated number entered previously. If necessary, wait until a new number is generated.
- In the login dialog box, type your user name and password, select a domain, and tap Connect.
If the Domain drop-down menu is hidden, you must type the user name as username@domain or domain\username.
- (Optional) : Tap the display protocol settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to select the display protocol to use.
VMware Blast provides better battery life and is the best protocol for high-end 3D and mobile device users. The default display protocol is PCoIP.
- Tap a remote desktop or application icon to connect to it.
After you connect to a remote desktop or application for the first time, a shortcut for the desktop or application is saved to the Recent tab. The next time you want to connect to the remote desktop or application, you can tap this shortcut.