Horizon Client for Chrome 2103 | 23 March 2021
These release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Horizon Client for Chrome makes it easy to access your remote desktops and published applications from your Chromebook with the best possible user experience on the Local Area Network (LAN) or across a Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Work the way you want to - Use your Chromebook to work on your remote desktops and published applications from any location. Support for the VMware Blast display protocol from VMware means your remote desktop or published application is fast and responsive, regardless of where you are.
- Simple connectivity - Horizon Client for Chrome is tightly integrated with VMware Horizon for simple setup and connectivity. Open Chrome, enter a server URL, and log in to see a list of available remote desktops and published applications.
- Secure from any location - At your desk or away from the office, your data is always secure. Enhanced certificate checking is performed on the client. Horizon Client for Chrome also supports optional RADIUS and RSA SecurID authentication.
Horizon Client for Chrome 2103 includes the following new features:
- USB redirection support
You can redirect certain USB devices from the Chromebook to a remote desktop. See Use USB Devices in a Remote Desktop.
You can use the Google Admin Console to configure USB device filtering. See Server Features.
To configure the USB redirection feature for remote desktops, see Configuring USB Redirection for Chrome and HTML Access Clients.
For information about new remote desktop features, see Release Notes for VMware Horizon Version 2103.
The user interface and documentation for Horizon Client for Chrome are available in English, Japanese, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Spanish.
- Horizon Client for Chrome requires Chrome OS 75 or later.
- Horizon Client for Chrome is supported with the latest maintenance release of Horizon 7 version 7.5 and later releases.
- Install and upgrade Horizon Client for Chrome just as you do any other Chrome app. You can get the latest version of the app from the Chrome Web Store.
- For system requirements and installation instructions, see the VMware Horizon Client for Chrome Installation and Setup Guide document.
If you enter an incorrect PIN during smart card authentication, Charismathics does not present any direct feedback in the dialog box.
Workaround: This problem is a third-party issue. For more information, go to https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7014689.
You might encounter the following problems after authenticating with a smart card:
- If you enter an incorrect PIN, log off from the server, and then immediately log in to the server again, you are prompted for Active Directory authentication.
- If you log off from a session and then log in to the server again, the server fails to authenticate with smart card authentication.
- If your published application session is idle and times out, and you unplug and and then reinsert your smart card reader, you are not prompted for your PIN when you try to connect to a published application.
Workaround: Log off or restart the Chromebook and log in with the smart card again.
H.264 decoding does not work in this release. The setting to enable H.264 decoding has been removed from the Horizon Client user interface.