The device on which you use Horizon Client for Chrome must meet certain software requirements.
- Operating systems
One of the following:
- ChromeOS 75 or later, running on a Chromebook
- ChromeOS 108 or later, running on a Chromebox
- ChromeOS Flex 103 or later
- CPU architecture
- ARM64, ARM, or x86
- VMware Horizon deployments
Horizon Client for Chrome requires the latest maintenance release of one of the following deployment types:
Note: If client systems connect from outside the corporate firewall in a Horizon 8 or Horizon 7 deployment, use a Unified Access Gateway appliance so that client systems do not require a VPN connection. If your company has an internal wireless network to provide routable access to remote desktops that devices can use, you do not need to set up Unified Access Gateway or a VPN connection.
- VMware Horizon 8 version 2006 or later
- VMware Horizon 7 version 7.13 or later
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen
- Horizon Cloud in Microsoft Azure
- Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of one of the following:
- Horizon Agent 2006 or later
- Horizon Agent 7.13 or later
- Smart card authentication
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Third-party firewalls
- Firewalls must allow inbound traffic on certain TCP ports. See Firewall Rules for Client Web Browser Access.
- Display protocol
- VMware Blast
- System Requirements for Geolocation Redirection
- Horizon Agent and Horizon Client, and the virtual desktop or RDS host and client machine on which you install the agent and client software, must meet certain requirements to support the Geolocation Redirection feature. See System Requirements for Geolocation Redirection.