With the Session Collaboration feature, you can click the link in a collaboration invitation to join a remote desktop session. The link might be in an email or instant message, or in a document that the session owner forwards to you. Alternatively, you can log in to the server and double-click the icon for the session in the remote desktop and application selector window.
This procedure describes how to join a remote desktop session from a collaboration invitation.
When you join a remote desktop session with the Session Collaboration feature, you cannot use the following features in the remote desktop session.
- USB redirection
- Real-Time Audio-Video (RTAV)
- Multimedia redirection
- Client drive redirection
- Smart card redirection
- Clipboard redirection
You also cannot change the remote desktop resolution in the remote desktop session.
To join a remote desktop session with the Session Collaboration feature, you must have Horizon Client for Windows, Mac, or Linux installed on the client system, or you must use HTML Access.
- Click the link in the collaboration invitation.
Horizon Client opens on the client system.
- Enter your credentials to log in to Horizon Client.
After you are successfully authenticated, the collaborative session begins and you can see the session owner's remote desktop. If the session owner transfers mouse and keyboard control to you, you can use the remote desktop.
- To return mouse and keyboard control to the session owner, click the VMware Horizon Collaboration icon in the system tray and toggle the switch in the Control column to Off, or click the Give Back Control button.
- To leave the collaborative session, click .