With multimedia redirection (MMR), the multimedia stream is processed, that is, decoded, on the client system. The client system plays the media content, thereby reducing the load on the ESXi host.
- View remote desktop
- Single-user desktops must have View Agent 6.0.2 or later, or Horizon Agent 7.0 or later, installed.
- Session-based desktops must have View Agent 6.1.1 or later, or Horizon Agent 7.0 or later, installed on the RDS host.
- For information about operating system requirements and other software requirements and configuration settings for the remote desktop or application, see the topics about Windows Media Multimedia Redirection in Setting Up Desktop and Application Pools in View.
- Horizon Client computer or client access device
You must have one of the following installed to avoid video playback issues:
- GStreamer core library and gstreamer-ffmpeg 0.10
- GStreamer core library and fluendo 0.10
On SLED 11 SP4, if you encounter video playback issues such as a black screen, remove the library libvdpau.
On HP thin clients, you must remove the file /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfluvadec.so to avoid video playback issues such as a Horizon Client crash or a black screen.
On Dell Wyse thin clients, video playback might not work with the pre-installed fluendo library. To resolve the problem, contact Dell support to obtain the latest fluendo library.
- Supported media formats
Media formats that are supported on Windows Media Player are supported. For example: M4V; MOV; MP4; WMP; MPEG-4 Part 2; WMV 7, 8, and 9; WMA; AVI; ACE; MP3; WAV.
Note: DRM-protected content is not redirected through Windows Media MMR.
MMR is not enabled by default. To enable it, you must set the configuration option view.enableMMR. For more information, see Horizon Client Configuration Settings and Command-Line Options.