If multiple speakers are connected to the client system, you can specify which speaker is preferred in a remote desktop. You can also select all the available speakers. If you select a specific speaker and then add or remove a speaker from the client system during a remote session, the changes do not take effect in the remote session. If you select all the available speakers, the devices are updated dynamically during a remote session.
- Verify that multiple speakers are installed and operational on the client system.
- Verify that you are using the VMware Blast display protocol to connect to the remote desktop. This feature does not work with any other display protocols.
- Ask your Horizon administrator if this feature is available on the remote desktop. If this feature is not available on a remote desktop, audio is played back on the default audio device attached to the client system.
- Connect to the server.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the upper right corner and select Real Time Audio Video.
- Select a speaker from the Preferred Speaker drop-down menu.
If you select a specific speaker, only the selected speaker is redirected to the remote desktop. If you select All, all the available speakers are redirected to the remote desktop. If you select Default, audio is played back on the default audio device attached to the client system.