In Horizon Client 3.2 and later, you can configure a server to automatically launch a remote desktop when you connect to the server.
About this task
If you are entitled to only one remote desktop on a server, Horizon Client automatically launches that desktop when you connect to the server.
You cannot configure a server to automatically launch a remote application.
Obtain the credentials you need to connect to the server, such as a user name and password, RSA SecurID user name and passcode, RADIUS authentication user name and passcode, or smart card personal identification number (PIN).
- On the Horizon Client Home screen, double-click the server icon.
- If prompted, supply your credentials.
- Click the Settings button (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the desktop and application selection window.
- Select a desktop pool in the left pane of the Settings dialog box.
- Select Autoconnect to this desktop.
- Close the Settings dialog box to save your changes.
The next time you connect to the server, Horizon Client automatically launches the remote desktop.