If a user disconnects from a server without closing a remote application, Horizon Client prompts the user to reopen that application the next time the user connects to the server. You can change this behavior by modifying the Reconnect Behavior setting in Horizon Client.
Obtain the credentials you need to connect to the server, such as a user name and password or RSA SecurID user name and passcode.
- On the Horizon Client Home screen, double-click the server icon.
- If prompted, supply your credentials.
- Click the Settings button (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the desktop and application selection window.
- Select Applications in the left pane of the Settings dialog box.
- Select an application reconnect behavior option.
These options determine how Horizon Client behaves when a user connects to the server and remote applications are still running.
Option Description Ask to reconnect to open applications Horizon Client shows the message You have one or more remote applications running. Would you like to open them now? . Users can respond by clicking Reconnect to Applications or Not Now. Users can also select the Don't show this message again. check box to suppress the message in the future. This setting is enabled by default. Reconnect automatically to open applications Horizon Client immediately reopens any running applications. Do not ask to reconnect and do not automatically reconnect Horizon Client does not prompt users to reopen running applications, nor does it reopen running applications. This setting has the same effect as the Don't show this message again. check box.
- Click Continue to save your changes.
The new setting takes effect the next time a user connects to the server.