An administrator can configure a remote application so that an application session is launched before a user opens the application in Horizon Client. When a remote application is pre-launched, the application opens more quickly in Horizon Client. To use this feature, you must enable it in Horizon Client.
Before you begin
Enable the pre-launch feature for the application pool on the server. For information, see the View Administration document.
Obtain the server credentials, such as a user name and password or RSA SecurID user name and passcode.
- On the Horizon Client Home window, double-click the server icon.
- If prompted, supply your credentials.
- Click the Settings button (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the desktop and application selection window.
- Select Applications in the left pane of the Settings dialog box.
- Under Reconnect Behavior, select the Reconnect automatically to open applications setting.
The new setting takes effect the next time you connect to the server.