The Mac on which you install Horizon Client, and the peripherals it uses, must meet certain system requirements.
- Operating systems
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.x)
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- macOS Sierra (10.12)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- Smart card authentication
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Touch ID authentication
- See Touch ID Authentication Requirements.
- Connection Server, security server, and View Agent or Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of Horizon 6 version 6.x and later releases.
If client systems connect from outside the corporate firewall, VMware recommends that you use a security server or Unified Access Gateway appliance so that client systems do not require a VPN connection.
- Display protocols
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)
- Software requirements for RDP
Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac from Microsoft, versions 2.0 through 2.1.1. You can download this client from the Microsoft Web site.Note: Horizon Client for Mac does not work with Microsoft Remote Desktop 8.0 and later releases.