You install Horizon Client on Mac client systems from a disk image file.
- Verify that the client system uses a supported operating system. See System Requirements for Mac Clients.
- Verify that you can log in as an administrator on the client system.
- If you plan to use the RDP display protocol to connect to a remote desktop, verify that the Mac client system has Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac from Microsoft, version 2.0 or later installed.
- Verify that you have the URL for a download page that contains the Horizon Client installer. This URL might be the VMware Downloads page at http://www.vmware.com/go/viewclients, or it might be the URL for a Connection Server instance.
- On the Mac, browse to the URL for downloading the Horizon Client installer file.
The file name format is VMware-Horizon-Client-y.y.y-xxxxxx.dmg. xxxxxx is the build number and y.y.y is the version number.
- Double-click the .dmg file to open it and click Agree.
The contents of the disk image appear in a Horizon Client Finder window.
- In the Finder window, drag the VMware Horizon Client icon to the Applications folder icon.
If you are not logged in as an administrator user, you are prompted for an administrator user name and password.
What to do next
Start Horizon Client and verify that you can connect to a remote desktop or application. See Connect to a Remote Desktop or Application.