You can select the security protocols and cryptographic algorithms that are used to encrypt communications between Horizon Client and Horizon servers and between Horizon Client and the agent in the remote desktop.
These security options are also used to encrypt the USB channel (communication between the USB plugin and the agent on the remote desktop).
By default, TLSv1.0, TLSv1.1, and TLSv1.2 are enabled. SSL v2.0 and 3.0 are not supported. The default cipher control string is "!aNULL:kECDH+AESGCM:ECDH+AESGCM:RSA+AESGCM:kECDH+AES:ECDH+AES:RSA+AES".
If you configure a security protocol for Horizon Client that is not enabled on the Horizon server to which the client connects, a TLS/SSL error occurs and the connection fails.
For information about configuring the security protocols that are accepted by Connection Server instances, see the View Security document.
- Select Security, and click Advanced. from the menu bar, click
- To enable or disable a security protocol, select the check box next to the security protocol name.
- To change the cipher control string, replace the default string.
- (Optional) If you need to revert to the default settings, click Restore Defaults.
- Click Confirm to save your changes.
Your changes take effect the next time you connect to the server.