You can configure a Horizon Client setting to select a local certificate, or the certificate on a smart card, when you connect to a server. If you do not configure this setting, you must manually select a certificate.
For your setting to take effect, a Horizon administrator must configure smart card authentication on the server and only one certificate must be available on your client system or smart card.
If you have multiple certificates, Horizon Client always prompts you to select a certificate, regardless of how you configure this setting.
- In the Applications folder, double-click VMware Horizon Client.
- Select from the menu bar.
- Click General in the Preferences dialog box.
- Select Automatically select certificate.
- Close the Preferences dialog box.
Your changes take effect when the dialog box is closed.