You can configure H.264 decoding and network condition options for remote desktop and application sessions that use the VMware Blast display protocol.
You cannot change the network condition option after you log in to a server. You can configure H.264 decoding before or after you log in to a server.
This feature requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later.
- Tap the Option menu in the upper-left corner of the Horizon Client menu bar and expand the VMware Blast section.
If you are connected to a server, you can tap the Option menu in the upper-left corner of the desktop and application selection window, expand the Protocol section, and select VMware Blast. You cannot change the network condition option after you log in to a server.
- Configure the decoding and network condition options.
Allow H.264 decoding
Configure this option, before or after connecting to Connection Server, to allow H.264 decoding in Horizon Client.
When this option is selected (the default setting), Horizon Client uses H.264 decoding if the agent supports H.264 software or hardware encoding. If the agent does not support H.264 software or hardware encoding, Horizon Client uses JPG/PNG decoding.
Deselect this option to use JPG/PNG decoding.
Select your network condition for the best experience
You can only configure this option before connecting to Connection Server. Select one of the following network condition options:
Note: In Horizon 7 version 7.1 and earlier, Connection Server and Security Server instances do not support the BEAT Tunnel Server. VMware Access Point 2.9 and later supports the BEAT Tunnel Server.
- Excellent - Horizon Client uses only TCP networking. This option is ideal for a LAN environment.
- Typical (default) - Horizon Client works in mixed mode. In mixed mode, Horizon Client uses TCP networking when connecting to the server and uses Blast Extreme Adaptive Transport (BEAT) if the agent and Blast Security Gateway (if enabled) support BEAT connectivity. This option is the default setting.
- Poor - Horizon Client uses only BEAT networking if the BEAT Tunnel Server is enabled on the server, otherwise it switches to mixed mode.
Blast Security Gateway for Connection Server and Security Server instances do not support BEAT networking.