Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP 4.5 | 08 June 2017
Last Updated: 08 June 2017
These release notes include the following topics:
VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP makes it easy to access your Windows remote desktop and remote applications using the VMware Blast display protocol for the best possible user experience on the Local Area Network (LAN) or across a Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Work the way you want to - Use your Windows 10 tablet or smartphone to work on a Windows-based remote desktop from any location. Support for the VMware Blast display protocol means that your desktop is fast and responsive, regardless of where you are.
- Simple connectivity - Horizon Client is tightly integrated with Horizon 7 for simple setup and connectivity.
- Multitasking - Switch between Horizon Client and other apps without losing a remote desktop or application connection.
- Continuum for Windows 10 Mobile support - Use a Microsoft Display dock to connect your Windows 10 smartphone to an external display and mouse and use Horizon Client just as you would use it on a desktop PC.
- Secure from any location - At your desk or away from the office, your data is always secure. Access your remote desktop over Wi-Fi or 3G. Your remote desktop is delivered securely to you wherever you are. Enhanced certificate checking is performed on the client. The client app also supports RSA SecurID authentication.
- Windows 10 Hello authentication
You can use Windows 10 Hello to authenticate to a Connection Server instance in Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP. This feature requires that biometric authentication is enabled in the Connection Server instance. For information about enabling biometric authentication, see the View Administration document.
- Clipboard redirection support
You can copy and plain text from your Windows 10 client system to a remote desktop or application. If a Horizon administrator enables the feature, you can also copy and paste plain text from a remote desktop or application to your client system or between two remote desktops or applications.
- XBox One support
You can install Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP on XBox One.
- Windows 10 Creators Update support
You can install Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP on a Windows 10 Creators Update machine.
- Support for Workspace ONE Mode
Beginning with Horizon 7 version 7.2, a Horizon administrator can enable Workspace ONE mode for a Connection Server instance. If you connect to a Workspace ONE mode enabled server in Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP, you are redirected to the Workspace ONE portal to launch your entitled desktops and applications.
The user interface and documentation for Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP are available in English, Japanese, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Spanish.
- For the Windows 10 operating systems that this release of Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP supports, see "System Requirements" in Using VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP.
- Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP is supported with the latest maintenance release of Horizon View 6.x and later.
- To install Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP, open the Microsoft Store app on your device, search for the VMware Horizon Client app, and click Install or Free to download the app to your device.
- For complete installation and configuration information, see Using VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP.
In a remote desktop, long-pressing the Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple files does not work.
You must use two fingers to scroll a browser or document in a Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2016 remote desktop when the Local Zoom feature is enabled in Horizon Client settings.